Celebration Pancakes

by - Wednesday, May 20, 2015


You are probably wondering what is so special about these pancakes. Looks pretty, has some cream, berries and cinnamon sugar on them. Nothing too out of the ordinary. As I made these 'celebration' pancakes for breakfast this morning, I found smiling from ear to ear as H and I had a lot to celebrate.


So, I thought I would make our breakfast super pretty to share with you the happy news of our engagement. We are still on a high from his amazing super secret proposal last Wednesday, which completely blindsided me (in a good way) after a night of amazing food and entertainment (we went to see the Lion King).  Whilst, I can't help but get sentimental and gush over the whole thing, I decided to make pancakes to express this instead.


Today, as I prepare to feed my fiancé (say, What?!)  I am reminded of the simple things when it comes to life and love. What you experience and share does not have to be perfect, it is what you put into it, how it brings out the best of you and those you share it with that makes it amazing and special.

I am reminded of a quote (can't remember who said it, apologies...)


“Soulmates are people who bring out the best in you. They are not perfect but are perfect for you.” ~ Author Unknown


That being said, these 'celebration pancakes'  were the best pancakes I ever made! Simple, fluffy and delicious. Needless to say, H was a big fan of them :) (lucky me!)

Have a wonderful week! Happy hump day.

x Lynnette

You May Also Like

2 comments

Instagram