For the Love of Lemons

by - Monday, May 04, 2015

Lemons. They have got to be one of the most amazing fruits out there. The colour, the tart taste, its cleansing and (sometimes) healing properties (honey and lemon!) are just a few things that make me appreciate its versatility. 

 I have been a fan of using lemons for nearly everything in life. I have used it as a detox ingredient, as natural bleach, as cleaning agent or the home and of course, in food and desserts!
Dying to make this Lemon Pudding. Yum! 
Image source: seasonsandsupper.ca
If I had any choice of dessert, I would always gravitate towards anything with lemon in them. The tart flavour mixed with any kind of sweet dessert (especially with vanilla or raspberries!) makes me weak in the knees. 
Enjoyed this trio of desserts during our Easter holidays.
Lemon Meringue, Lemon Tart and Almond Croissant (not lemon based! haha!)

H & I have driven all the way to Ripe Australian Produce in Sassafras twice now because of this delicious Lemon Curd Muffin. The muffin texture is unlike most muffins, it sort of has a cross texture of a shortcake and a muffin. AMAZING!
I made this lovely lemon yogurt cake last week!
Martha Stewart's Lemon Souffle
And here are some obligatory savoury lemon dishes... I do eat savoury food (for dinner mostly) I just happen to really love baking and photographing baked goods :) 
Browned Butter Lemon Pasta | Image source: cookingclassy.com
Lemon and Garlic Chicken | Image source: thelondener.me
Smashed lemon potatoes | Image source:  Simple Provisions
Do you have a favourite fruit that you gravitate to?

Oh! and Happy Monday everyone. I hope you have a great week!

x Lynnette

You May Also Like

0 comments

Instagram